Old February 19th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default $3500 engine in '95 SW2, worth it?

"Private" > wrote in message

<snip>
> going to lose a LOT more before this is done. I my business WE CHECK THE
> OIL AND COOLANT LEVEL IN EVERY ENGINE BEFORE EACH DAILY STARTUP, and often
> after lunch. It is simple, easy, free and I have never seen a dipstick

worn
> out from over use.

I check the oil level on my 95 SW1 every day, sometimes twice. The rest of
the cars in the family get their fluids checked less often, but no less than
twice a week. I have never had an oil related failure.

I bet that most Saturns which need new engines are from the oil level going
low.

-David