Old December 5th 05, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default "Jack rabbit" starts give best mileage

That's a good point about automatics.

However I wonder whether fuel enrichment at WOT wastes fuel. Old days
with carbs, yes; with modern FI, it needn't, as you can add just enough
to create a corresponding increase in torque and power.

Your high load at low RPM comment reminds me of another statement in
the book:

"Drive in the highest possible gear; even at engine speeds below 2000
rpm it is possible to apply full throttle."

Cool.

Not that I'll be changing the way I drive. Just some interesting points.