Old December 4th 05, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default "Jack rabbit" starts give best mileage

Wide open throttle reduces pumping losses. Shifting at 2000 RPM
is hardly a 'jack rabbit' start.

While this technique is efficient, it can only be done in a manual
transmission car. (OK, there are a few manumatics that would allow it.)

Dan

(This account is not used for email.)