Old August 3rd 05, 02:03 PM
B. Peg

> "marx404" wrote:
> quote " there is some CHP officer in CA that was getting
> 111 mpg in his Prius. "
>
> LOL, I hope the FHP decides to switch to Prius, like to see them try and
> catch -er anything. That would be funny.

Yeah, that would be funny had it been a patrol car but it's his own personal
car and I think he likes the competitive mpg contests. However, the Kern
County Sheriff in Lake Isabella does have a Prius for its Citizen Patrol
car. I about fell over when I saw it. Don't know what they use it for, but
since it's a retirement area maybe they can catch grandma in her cart. Sure
does look odd though.

Our city cops have H-D motorcycles. You can tune into police band and hear
them often getting outrun by cars, and seems like Honda's like to do it
often around here - maybe the same guy? CHP has the quicker BMW bike and
they don't seem to lose their prey as often . damhik! >(

B~