Old September 28th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Default Back in Miami

Jan Andersson wrote:

> On 9/12/2012 8:51 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
>> Hello Group. Back after 13 years. Sad to have noted Bob

Hoover's
>> passing.
>>
>> Beside Veeduber, missing SpeedyJim, VWgirl (became Jan's
>> wife), and a few dozen that I can't recall at the moment -

Sorry
>> if you belong on my list and were not mentioned by name.
>>
>> Happy to be back
>>
>> Chris

> Hi Chris and welcome back! I often wondered what happened to

you!
> Minor correction though: VWGirl is Lauren and someone else

snatched her
> up, I married LittleVWGoddess (the one you let me use your

car to go
> date in 1999-2000, thanks again!) and we got divorced 2

years ago, after
> having 2 kids. We all moved to Virginia. My girl is 3 and my

son 5.

> I still have my black convertible bug, at my parents house

in Finland.
> Here in the Us I have a 2001 Jeep and a 1970 Nova, currently

undergoing
> surgery. :P
>
> Now let's knock down some more cobwebs and bring Ramva back

alive, OK?
> It's dead quiet here.
>
> Jan

Jan - I confess, I feel silly to have confused the
littleVWgoddess with VWGirl but, in my defense, it has been a
long time. Sorry to hear about the divorce; hope things are
amicable, and I hope both the goddess and VWgirl are well.

I'm preparing to go through a divorce (though we've been
separated for 11 years; I believe you met my wife and father
IRL).

I still have the '59 type 1 which, after 20 years outside,
needs another resto, but right now, I'm focused on bringing my
new wife-to-be and our two daughters (aged 3 and 7) to the US.

As for usenet, it seems hard to compete with web-based forums.
On the plus side, forums can go away; on the other hand, there
mey be no one left in usenet

On an aside - and maybe I'm beating a dead horse, as there
seems to be no mention of the great man... I miss Bob
(Hoover). I was saddened to hear of his passing. I would hope
that this (dare I say our?) group would have recognized the
event. Maybe that ocurred, and it was agreed that it wouldn't
be touched upon again; if I'm out of line, may the group
forgive. But between Bob and SpeedyJim, RAMVAC has lost two
incredibly knowledgeable people, one permanently, one perhaps
not.

I confess, it's hard to keep a party going with only a
handful of people. Were you close to Jim? Any chance of
cajoling him to rejoin us?

Where are the godessess and the Girls? Moved on?

Either way, glad to hear you're well. How are you liking
living in the US?

Note to all: everyone here is, and has always been admitted
as, an equal. Some, like Jim and Bob, have gained the respect
of the group through their knowledge and forthcoming help. I
personally encourage all, including - or perhaps, especially -
lurkers, to post.

I felt glad to be welcomed back.

Hope to stay this time.

Chris