Old August 17th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default Next MX-5 Uncovered

"Tim M." > wrote in message
On Aug 5, 8:34 pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> "barry" > wrote in message >> 1) Hideosly ugly

I mean, does Acura even have a car or truck that you can look at
without cringing? And in the late 80's to early 1990's, every vehicle
they built was a thing of lithe, graceful, supple beauty.

TIM, THANK YOU FAR SAYING IT FOR ME! ACURA HAS TOTALLY LOST IT'S WAY!
CD

The only hope I have comes from the words of a friend of mine's
daughter, a design student at Pratt in NYC, who told me at a cookout
earlier this month that the young men she had met who were studying
industrial design with an eye towards carrers in the automotive arena
were all rebelling against what they called "transformer" bikes and
that their design studies remind her of her Dad's Ducati 996SPS -
smooth, flowing, classic, simple lines.

Maybe, just maybe, there *is* hope for the furute.

I HOPE SHE'S RIGHT. THERE ARE ALWAYS HIGH POINTS AND I GUESS THAT MEANS
THERE HAVE TO BE LOW POINTS BUT MAN, WE'VE GONE LOWER THAN LOW WITH THE
CURRENT 'CORPORATE LOOK' PRINCIPLE. THAT'S GOTTA GO!

CD
99BBB