Old April 29th 05, 02:44 PM
Somebody

"keith" > wrote in message
> seems kinda obvious to me: the the column switches are worn/broken...
> get thee down to a breakers yard and pulll another set from a similar
> year E30.. when you are extrcting them from the donor vehicle, pay
> good attention as to how the are fitted: takes pictures if you need
> to. take everything to the connector leads. figure on spending
> best part of a 1/2 a day getting them back in again. its not
> difficult, just fiddly.

Extraction is the same on the donor as on his car, not complicated enough
for pictures. Pry the roundel, release the nut, lift the wheel away, then
release the few screws from the bottom to release the top of the column
cover, exposing the stalk/switch assembly. A couple of screws to release
it, disconnect one big integrated connector. Installation is the reverse of
removal.

-Russ.