Old July 18th 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
joe_tide[_2_]

Default Got rid of the run flats.

"Pete" > wrote in message

> " wrote
>>> Most summer performance tires, RF or not, have no treadwear guaranty.
>>> The big advantages to replacing the RFTs are cost and ride quality.

>> I replaced them with Bridgestone Potenza RE 960ES and they have a 40,000
>> mile warranty.

> That's because RE960 is not a summer tire. It's classified as an
> all-season tire.
>
> How do you like them so far? I am considering getting them for my 530i
> since I moved to Chicago recently and will have to get rid of my summer
> Dunlop SP Maxx before winter arrives.
>
> Pete

Pete,

You may want to consider keeping the summer tires and getting dedicated
winer tires and wheels for, well, winter.

When I swithed out the all seasons for winter tires in my E46 it made a
world of difference. About the only thing that stopped me was when I started
plowing snow.