Old July 17th 08, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom K.[_2_]

Default Got rid of the run flats.

" > wrote in message
m...

> I replaced all 4 with non-RF tires that have a mileage guarantee of 45k
> miles (no mileage guarantee on the RF).

Most summer performance tires, RF or not, have no treadwear guaranty. The
big advantages to replacing the RFTs are cost and ride quality.

> I figure I can get them repaired if there is a slow leak (which has
> happened in the past with my truck). If I get a flat on road I will have
> AAA tow me back to the station and have the tire repaired. The dealer I
> bought the tires from will reimburse me for the repair or do it for free
> if I do it at one of their stores. I decided not to get the BMW mobility
> kit because I have read the compressor may have difficulty in pressurizing
> the tire if it is flat and it is difficult to repair a non-RF tire when
> "goop" is sprayed inside.

You might try either the Airman Sparrow or Slime Powersport compressors + a
plug kit as a cheap alternative to waiting the 2 hours for AAA. They take
very little trunk space and as a side benefit, I haven't had any flats since
getting them - I carry one in my car and motorcycle.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...1pzxa6toq s_e

Tom K.