Old March 25th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default DXTweak2 fixes GTL/GTR Sidewinder Controller problem

Tony Jester wrote:
Snip

> Yes, I installed the Profile 4.0 software from the disk and yes, I
> can click on the Profiler icon in the system tray to access the
> properties of the game I have it set to. I used to need a different
> one for every game (I think) because (as I recall) the only game that
> would allow Separate Pedals was GPL. I know for sure GTL and GTR
> would NOT allow separate pedals and I'm pretty sure Nascar 4/ Nascar
> 2003 would not either, but I could be wrong on that last point (I'm
> not a big NASCAR fan, althought it IS a lot of fun online)

You are pretty much wrong about what games do seperate pedals. even nascar
racing 2 did seperate pedals. you would have isues (I did) mocrosoft games,
like MTM 1&2 MCM, midtown etc.... the

> When in the "test" window of the Profiler, the controls react exactly
> as they are supposed to when set to "separate". However, in GTR/GTL
> they do not. Either the accelerator or the brakes are either all the
> way on or all the way off. You can't control them.

in GTR or GTL, there is a "LESS THAN INTUITIVE" way to assign pedals, in the
configuration screen... that many didnt figure out without playing around
(because we might never seen the way this is done coming from Papy games
especially.

Anywho--- In gtl or GTR, (I no longer have GTR, I have Rfactor, I think
works the same, and I have GTL) all of which are using my NASCAR sidewinder
Profile, which is based on the GPL profile that was in CDrom driver disk for
Sidewinder...

In GTR & or GTL and rFactor (and Rich Burns Rally IIRC) you click on gas,
press on the gas, same with the brake (seperate lines in the screen)
if you clicked on ?brake/gas (one line with both) slot, it was then assumed
it was combined control.

I do the GTL and RBR, & rFactor for whimsical running when I am up for it,
but my 'puter is setup for NR03, in fact if the new vid drivers mess with
NR03, I revert immediatly so new games sometimes have suffering artifacts
(or not)...

because my leagues start as soon as I can get home. I dont wanna have to
set everything back each time I swap games. in fact I dont.

> Anyway, since running DXTweak2 I have had no problems at all.

Glad to read it.... Well as with XP and hell Windows since 95, there seems
to be as many varied ways to accomplish the same thing as there are
techniques at scooping **** (abundance), Hehehee!
Just