Old January 3rd 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1994 Plymouth Acclaim check engine light

Upon closer inspection I find that the transmission sensor seemed to be
connected properly but I pulled it off just in case and noticed that there
is transmission fluid in the socket. Is this normal? I wiped it out with
some q tips and put it back on but I still get the error. As for the EGR
valve, it looks to be connected properly (no hose cracks or anything), so
should I remove it and clean it with something? I did notice that the car
will rev up and then go back to normal idle repeatedly while just sitting in
park. I assume that is because the EGR is throwing something off? Advance
Auto wants $69 for a replacement EGR. Should I just replace it? Will it
hurt anything if she were to drive it anywhere or will it just have crappy
gas mileage and the funny idle? Thanks for any help.

.umich.edu...