Old April 1st 13, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Family Survives High-Speed Crash Caused by Hogs

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:15:16 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>On 03/31/2013 10:48 AM, gpsman wrote:
>> On Mar 31, 8:48 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>>>
>>> Often when I dim my lights for an oncoming
>>> car but I don't have to slow much if at all because the oncoming car's
>>> headlights are illuminating the road past where I can see well by the
>>> light of my own low beams.

>> Your glare sensitivity and the unconscionable glare from US spec
>> headlights seems to have suddenly vanished.
>>
>> How do you explain that...?
>> -----
>>
>> - gpsman
>>

>As usual, you post non sequiturs. Did you have a point?
>
>US-spec headlights *are* garbage,

To be fair, while the spec might be terrible it doesn't mean it always
produces terrible lights. It is possible to produce decent light
patterns that meet (and exceed without violating) the spec. I've
noted huge differences on various cars, all of which *meet* the same
lousy spec.