Old March 20th 05, 12:22 AM
Bill Putney

Fiberman wrote:
> Chrome plating peeling off and is very sharp, in fact I cut my hand on it.
> The dealer wants $140.00 to replace it. Seems like an awful lot to me, any
> suggestions?

Are they maybe saying they have to replace the whole door panel just to
get a new handle? I think I've seen posts on dodgeintrepid.net and the
300M Enthusiasts forums saying that, but also that if you're skillful,
you can get one out of a panel in a junk yard and figure out how to
reinstall it - the problem is that the pivot pin, rivet or whatever that
holds it in the panel, is not made to be serviced (removed/replaced),
but you can do it with a little ingenuity.

Another option would be to find the whole panel in good shape out of a
junk yard, but it would take a little luck to find one of the same
color, etc.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')