Old August 21st 11, 11:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB

Tony R:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>> Ok, this is "the right" way to set FFB.

> The free Atlas telemetry tool can show when FFB forces have reached their
> max. Also a guy has written a tool which shows FFB forces live if you run
> in windowed mode or have an additional screen or smartphone/tablet you can
> run it on.
>
> Check the forums for iRacing FFB clipping monitor
>
> This allows each car to be set with individual FFB forces to avoid
> clipping (where you reduce fidelity by hitting max force too regularly so
> that forces cannot be distinguished)
>
> I think this stuff is rather personal though it depends upon how much you
> rely on FFB to distinguish how the car is behaving. Your settings will be
> hitting max forces much of the time but if it works for you...

First, I don't have access to forum.
Second, clipping doesn't change a thing. You don't need a tool to
feel clipping, clipping occures at the max force, if you don't feel the
maximum force, what in the whole world do you feel.
Third, no, it simply cannot be personal (but soon I'll be on the
fly, and then you will see, because I am at the very end of my research). If
you can adjust this to your personal liking, then you are missing something.
All forces, Damper, Spring and Centering Spring have to be ballanced, only
this way you can get the right feel of FFB, and ONLY "the right" feel can
help you "the right" way. Too bad everybody is performing this alchemy,
insted of a real thing. But, it is long time since I became tired of
explaining to people, if they believe so much in their alchemy, so let them
enjoy it.
I am pretty sure that I'll be ready for the next rookie season, then
you will see. Already, with only few laps done with "the right" setting, I
am extremly pleased, driving fixed Corvette (and I do have enormnous
experience in trying all different settings). I just need to adjust this
little "play" that I have, I hope this will be done this week. But the
ballance of forces is done rightly (it could be, though, that you can adjust
this play with Centering Spring, but I was at work, so didn't try it yet).

Mario