Old July 24th 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

On 7/23/2010 3:12 PM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 7/23/2010 3:23 PM, pws wrote:
>> If you were to lose your current Miata today, be it totaled, stolen,
>> whatever, and received enough money to cover a replacement, all the way
>> up to an optioned-out brand-new one, (say $30,000 to be safe), what
>> would you do:
>>
>> buy an older miata and keep the larger money difference?
>> get a brand-new new one and keep the smaller money difference?
>> get a different vehicle altogether?
>> if older, would it be stock or modified? What year?
>> do something not on my list?
>>
>> I am not in this situation, no money anyway. Just curious, and it's even
>> on-topic! :-)
>>
>> For those with multiple miatas, just pick one to be missing.
>>
>> Pat

> It is difficult to say for certain what I will do in the next minute
> but, hypothetically, under the circumstances stated I would probably buy
> a new PRHT MX-5 (red...always red!). Certainly not the most practical
> choice since I really could use some amount of money too but I've not
> been without a Miata since 1991 and I have a general distrust of used
> cars except in the most desperate circumstances.
>
> In my situation the most realistic thing to do would be to forget the
> car, use the money to finish up the remodeling and landscaping, and
> drive the Subie but nobody every accused me of being a realist...

In that situation, and in my current life situation, I would be tempted
to just take my $30,000.00 and see how long I could live on a beach
somewhere with no car and no need for one, spending as long as possible
perfecting my beach-bumming skills and banishing that evil creature
known as stress.

Then come back, get another job, and another Miata to drive to that
job.............The NA's are so cheap anymore that I could spend
$25,000.00 and still get a pretty nice one upon my return with the
remaining $5,000.00.

OK, let's increase that $30,000.00 to more like $3,000,000.00. No
coming back. ;-)

Pat