Old December 6th 13, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken H

Default '11 Mustang GT clunk heard/felt in steering

I have a 2011 Mustang GT and when I pull into or out of a parking space with the steering wheel turned all the way to the right (the wheel is locked), I hear and feel a muffled "clunk" coming from the front of the car...like something is rubbing up there. This has always been there (I've just learned to not lock the wheel to the right like that).

What is this? Is this something to worry about? The steering is fine otherwise -- no shimmies, shakes, alignment is good, no noise, or spots on the ground up front.

Ken