Old August 6th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Check Engine Light Came On

XS11E wrote:

> If the above fixes the check engine light you still need to change the
> oil and filter.

Nonsense, your lowest grade dino oil is good for at least 10 years or
100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
As far as oil filters, I got tired of paying for those and deciding
which one to use, so I just plugged off the hole.

The lack of an oil filter makes those once a decade oil changes much faster.
At least I think it would, the engines seem to keep burning up long
before then, but I doubt if the problem is lubrication based.

Now quit trying to get people to waste an ever-decreasing and ever
more-costly resource. ;-)

Pat