Old May 3rd 05, 02:41 AM
Mike64Bug

The 18/29 psi applies to the original equipment bias ply tires only.(which you
don't have anymore) Radial tires have always required more air pressure
than the same size bias ply tire. 18 psi in a radial tire would be dangerously
low. Radial tires are not supposed to have a bulge in the sidewall when you
look at them from the front or back like a lot of people seem to think.
On the other hand max pressure(35psi) for a radial tire that size would be a
bit too much unless you were carrying a ton of extra weight. You'll probably
find that mid twenties in the front works well.