Old June 6th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jack[_15_]

Default iRacing = crack in a box

btgoss wrote:
> Ok.
> So what am I going to need to bring to the dance to get the most out
> of this sim?
>
> I dropped out of the Beta a loooong time ago from cancer, and while
> things are much better (still alive, obviously) I really haven't kept
> my computer up to bleeding edge.
> I have a p4 3Gig Extreme with 2 gigs of Ram, and I will be getting a
> new video card (maybe) if these bare bones will work. If not, then I
> am going to wait and build a new system.
>
> I really feel this is the type of game/sim I want now. Not just
> because it is very local for me with Legends, Modifieds, and Late
> Models. But as someone who beta tested and played Motor City Online, I
> have always wanted a "serious" type of racing MMO, and this looks to
> be it.
>
> btgoss

Depending on how recent you were testing,you can probably get by with
what you have.I was on it today and the new updates from IRacing
increased my fps from 83 to 172. I will say the graphics are
outstanding,car feel is excellent,the racing I have done in testing has
been fun except it seems to use the old papy net code.Not really sure
tho,but the ARCA sim seems much better in it's online code.Thats the
only negative I found in testing.If the pricing and structure are
something you can live with,then by all means go for it,you won't be
disapointed.