Old December 12th 04, 10:38 PM
ytertwr

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 17:31:33 -0500, frank-in-toronto
> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:05:38 GMT, "NoName" > wrote:
>
>>Just recently had some repair work done on a 2000 Chrysler T&C minivan - 70K
>>miles
>>The oil pick-up tube was clogged with "debris", the shop guy hesitated to
>>say WHAT it was.
>>I have changed the oil every 3000 miles up to 50K miles and since then, I
>>have let it go to 4,000 miles maybe twice, and 4,500 once, using Castrol GTX
>>and always changing the oil filter.
>>
>>After getting the vehicle back, my wife drove through some standing water
>>about five blocks from our house and immediately lost power steering
>>capability and the temperature gauge was overheated when she pulled into the
>>driveway.
>>Well, of course the serpentine belt came off the pulleys.

>think back. every time you get work done there, does
>something else break or fail right away? happened to me
>at a local midas. i stopped going even tho i have free
>lifetime oil changes cause every time i went, i would
>have a surpentine belt problem. i think he was squirting
>some oil onto it. on purpose.
>...thehick

I'm really tired of the "up-sell" every time I go to one of these car
places.

Seems like Jiffy lube is really in the air filter business and Midas
is really in the fan belt business. None of 'em will just do what
you came in for and send you on your way. The worst, by far, in my
experience is Firestone who tell you about your brakes when you came
in to see about the air conditioner. Firestone? Never again.