Old July 10th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

Default Nordschleife added to Project Cars

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:46 +0100 (BST),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

(FolkGT) wrote:

>> Although it's still very much a work in progress

>I liked Shift2's Nordschleife, even with all the stupid sideshow stuff added, so I
>have hope for this.
>
>However I tried this week's build for the first time in several months and although
>things have tightened up considerably, I am still nowhere near convinced by the
>driving model. I want to be, and I look forward to seeing what eventually happens
>with the physics & tyre overhaul, but given that they were already proud of their
>physics etc. I'm not sure I'm ever going to feel at home in this code.
>
>I remain hopeful though. Although I have to run at significantly reduced settings
>and resolution with three screens, this has the potential to be a very immersive
>distraction from serious simming.
>
>I've already paid full price for it, so it'd better be! Otherwise it'll end up in
>my hall of simming shame alongside Cliffs of Dover and most of my iRacing content.
>:-)
>
>Andrew McP

According to the devs, the final physics are still several months out, and
as you mention we've yet to see the new tire model. I've been very
pleased though with how the FFB has matured over the last several months.
Although everything is still very much a WIP, I feel things are moving in
the right direction. My hope is that this will have all the aspects of a
"serious" sim, but still have the ability to appeal to those who simply
want to enjoy a realistic driving experience.