Old August 26th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default D15b3 vacuum line question

On 08/25/2011 10:18 AM, Juan-Pierre Herboth wrote:
> hi there.
> I recently bought a 95 Honda ballade(I'm from South Africa elsewhere
> its called a civic)
> 1.5 16v carb.
> I recently replaced the timing belt and noticed a vacuum line that
> have been blanked off.
> It is part of 3 branches. One comes from the air intake to the air-
> filter, the other from the
> distributor housing(I assume it to be the vacuum advance) and the
> blanked off one. They all come join up and seem to enter the back of
> the engine (possible the carb).
> My question is that I would like to know what this blanked off line is
> for. I see that
> there is what looks like it could be a connection on the distributor
> cap, but I'm not sure.
> I didn't get an owners manual with the car, I was able to download one
> online, but its
> for International models and does not include the carb model and thus
> I cannot
> determine what to do with it. The car drives fine, but I would like
> things to be working the way they were designed to.
> Kind regards
> JP

maybe the online usa versions dating back to 87 or older will show it.

here, the civic went injected in 88, but i understand that with other
markets, the technology only crept in slowly - for instance, in europe,
they kept carbs for a generation longer than us, then as we went from
throttle body injection to 4-point, they got the throttle body injection.

worth looking.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum