Old March 3rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

Default Which To Buy?

On 3/3/07 8:32 AM, in article lGfGh.2690$Du6.2230@edtnps82, "Brian Smith"
> wrote:

> "E Meyer" > wrote in message
>>
>> Where did you get that tidbit? I have found the opposite to be true. The
>> Hondas need more tlc than the Nissans.
>>
>> My Nissans (6 and counting) have all required less maintenance than my
>> Hondas. Their ABS doesn't fail if you don't change the brake fluid every
>> two years, their transmissions don't fail if you don't change the tranny
>> fluid every two years, etc.

> Brake fluid deteriorates as does transmission fluid. It only makes sense
> to change fluids to prolong the life of the machinery.

Whether it makes sense is not the point. The point is that it doesn't
matter with the Nissans and it definitely does on the Hondas.

In fact, unlike Honda, changing brake fluid is not on the maintenance list
for any of the Nissans and changing transmission fluid is only by condition,
not time or mileage.