Old November 11th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

Default Automatic vs. manual transmission in a used Honda Civic

Eric > wrote in :

> I've rebuilt several Honda manual
> transmissions. They typically just need new bearings, seals, and
> synchros if they're worn. Honda manual transmissions are very
> rebuildable.

Mine has nearly 300K miles on it. I've been mulling over rebuilding it
myself, since it's light enough to carry into the basement.

It's fine now except for a bit of noise from the bearings, and my mechanic
figures it will probably go another couple of years. An eventual rebuild is
inevitable, though.

What special tools would I need besides a hydraulic press?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/