Old July 11th 07, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default 12-Disc CD Player Jammed?

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dad" > wrote:
>
>> "aRKay" > wrote in message
>> Snip
>> >
>> > If you have a Delco 12-Disc CD player, I suggest you save this
>> > message.
>> > It is just a matter of time until you will need it or you can pay
>> > the
>> > dealer $500+. Your choice.

>> Great tip from United and glad to have you post your results. Many
>> tend to ask the question but never post the results/cure for the
>> problem. But I need to ask why is it just a matter of time before
>> this
>> stated information is needed?

> Because of my experience with Delco products. The dumb-ass AGM
> battery
> is a classic example. The best change I have made to my C5 was to
> get
> rid of the AGM battery. I really like my C5 but just about
> everything
> that can be replaced has been replaced. I will not bore you with
> the
> listing.
>
> CD players have lots of moving parts and have to live in a pretty
> bad
> environment. If something can go wrong or wear out a
> electro-mechanical
> device like a CD player has to be high on the list of parts that can
> fail.

It might really be interesting to see that list of expenses, here's
mine for the C5's and C6 listed as highest cost first.
1998 C5 46k
gas
tires
BCM - not fun
oil
battery
2004 C5 20k
gas
tires
oil - free
axle seal (RR)
2005 C6 26k
gas
battery
oil - free
tires
hood strut
gas cap
rear hatch switch

Actual out of warranty cost was for tires, a battery, and the BCM.
GM/dealer did replace one set of run flats that cupped badly. Cost of
Corsa's not included.