Old July 11th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_2_]

Default 12-Disc CD Player Jammed?

In article >,
"Dad" > wrote:

> "aRKay" > wrote in message
> Snip
> >> Just reinstalled the unit and everything is back to normal.
> >> Sometimes it
> >> pays to take things apart. The bottom line is the power removal
> >> tip did
> >> the reset. No wonder these high tech cars eat batteries.

> > If you have a Delco 12-Disc CD player, I suggest you save this
> > message.
> > It is just a matter of time until you will need it or you can pay
> > the
> > dealer $500+. Your choice.

> Great tip from United and glad to have you post your results. Many
> tend to ask the question but never post the results/cure for the
> problem. But I need to ask why is it just a matter of time before this
> stated information is needed?

Because of my experience with Delco products. The dumb-ass AGM battery
is a classic example. The best change I have made to my C5 was to get
rid of the AGM battery. I really like my C5 but just about everything
that can be replaced has been replaced. I will not bore you with the
listing.

CD players have lots of moving parts and have to live in a pretty bad
environment. If something can go wrong or wear out a electro-mechanical
device like a CD player has to be high on the list of parts that can
fail.