Old December 16th 17, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Clare Snyder

Default Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home made smoke machine?

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:22:41 -0500, rickman > wrote:

>Arthur Woodwrote on 12/15/2017 12:46 PM:

>>> That's what I was telling him about in the other thread here, that I've
>>> heard people have used one of those disco smoke gizmos. See Hpressure but it is s you
>>> should be able to rig up something to pipe it in. Plus, with a boom box
>>> and some songs, you can have a business at parties and weddings as a DJ.

>> I thank you for coming to my aid, and I apologize for not having "believed"
>> in your previous suggestion. (See below why.)

They don't use a fan. They use a liquid pump to squirt the fluid
through the heater, which vapourizes , producing steam pressure. No
fan. I have onem and I've had it apart. The poressure is reasonable,
but I'd say less than 5 psi. Commercial smokemachiners run somewhere
around 1 - 2 PSI maximum.

The only olproblem I see is getting the HOT smoke (really more like
steam) into the fuel system you are testing. It will melt a plastic
hose attached to the output - so you need an adapter that acts as a
cooler as well - which WILL reduce the pressure somewhat.

\

>http://www.nmbtc.com/content/pdfs/08015JE.pdf
>
>Notice the flow goes to zero at pressures around 0.1 inches of H2O. Your 2
>psi would be 55 inches of H2O.
>
>Maybe they are using a different type of fan, but I don't think y

ou are