Old August 11th 11, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Help me diagnose this splutter...

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:44:14 +0100, "Dave Savage"
> wrote:

>if the compressor (whatever that is) is unwell, how much
>are we talking to get it fixed / replaced ?

First Google guess ( I don't know these guys)

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo...00000002707188

To this, you will need to add fitting and filling costs. At another
guess, I wouldn't be surprised if that pair added 250UKP to the
purchase price. A refill and leak test alone will be 50-100UKP (ish)
depending on supplier.

If you can see the compressor under the bonnet and it looks a simple
job to replace then the labour might well be less. The 156 tends not
to be that easy to work on and the engine bay can be a bit cluttered
however.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)