Old August 11th 11, 11:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default Help me diagnose this splutter...

"Catman" > wrote in message
> On 11/08/2011 08:51, R C Nesbit wrote:
>> Gt spoke:
>>> I got a cable and diag software. I found 2 fault codes: P0300 -
>>> "Misfires
>>> detected (generic) and P0303 - "Cylinder 3 ifnition failures".

>> These are the same fault codes we get on Lesley's 147 2.0TS
>>
>> Code comes on, car is hard to start, rough idle and needs more revs to
>> get
>> moving.
>> Clear the code and everything is fine, but error returns very quickly
>> (10 -
>> 15 miles)
>> This was with the generic software with the cable.
>> I downloaded the AlfaDiag software and it now also reveals P0141
>> "O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2)"
>>

> Is this the lambda sensor? I thought it only had one.

I used the FiatECUScan software (as its free) on my 2.0JTS and there are
many Lambda parameters that suggest there are at least 2 lambda sensors,
maybe 4:

Lambda 1 signal (pre-cat)
Lambda signal 2 (pre-cat)
Lambda signal 1 (after-cat)