Old May 3rd 04, 11:16 PM
Roger Brown

LarryB wrote:

> Roger Brown > wrote in message ? The earlier W56's are set up for a top-shifting t-case, the later ones (like you likely have) are set up for a forward shifting case, not a huge issue:
> ? http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/topshifter/
>
> Thanks, I have come across some posts that say the splines may not
> match up on different year W56 trans. Do you think that any year W56
> tran would work?

As far as I know, the W56s for 22REs were 21 splines, on the 22RET (turbos) that used the R151F tranny, it had 23 splines on the output and a different transfer case to boot. Marlin "Crawler" would know for sure. in fact he sells rebuilt trannys at a
very reasonable price:
http://marlincrawler.com/trans.html

--
Roger