Old January 12th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Wheel weight?

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> It is! Pure aluminum! The way I know is that every pothole puts them
> out of round. In fact, I would not be surprised if they were made from
> pure gold.
>
> Leon

Pure gold wheels at less than 12 pounds each? ;-)

It does seem to me like a better wheel material would have been invented
by now.
Some type of composite that never goes out of round, is very lightweight
and is at least as break-resistant as the wheels we use now.

I know that magnesium has been used, but I would also prefer that my
wheels not burn at thousands of degrees if a fire occurs.

Pat