Old August 27th 09, 06:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
PeterD

Default 1986 5000 CS Quattro Turbo Issues - Please advise

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:21:06 -0600, TonyJ <"tonyjnospam at nospam
visi.com"> wrote:

>Trans sender is on the left side of trans just behind the axle IIRC.
>
>The pump is under the rear seat and the connector near it can go bad.
>Check, clean and re-connect. Test pump with the connector under the rear
>seat by applying a voltage. I don't remember the triggering in the door
>but removing the door panel and tracing should make it evident.
>
>Check to see if the wires in the front brake pads have been worn through
>causing the warning light. I would bet that is it. Fix is replace the
>pads with new ones that have the sensor wire. When brakes are applied
>power is sent to the left front brake pad and then to the right front
>pad and then to ground. If it is interupted anywhere the warning light
>will be triggered. It is possible to loop a wire in the connectors to
>eliminate the wire in the pads but that is your decision.
>
>Matt wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> A few issues with my 500CS TQ:
>>
>> No Speedometer or odometer functionality - Tried another speedo;
>> Nothing. Heard of a trans pickup sensor. Where can I find it on the
>> trans?
>>
>> No power locks - Pump does not power on. Soldered the door harness
>> wiring, still nothing. How is the pump triggered? How can one test
>> the pump?
>>
>> Brake Warning light comes on after first brake press. Good fluid
>> level, all sensors hooked up, and no brake pressure loss. Ideas?

Check your PS fluid level, if that is low, you will get a brake
warning on the display. Use AUDI PS fluid only, do not use ATF in the
PS on this car.

Do you have the shop manual? If not, I may have my old manual that
I'll sell you. Let me know. (Take the number out of my email address
to email me directly...)