Old December 23rd 05, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers

Default Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays???

In article <1h7z6jb.eazq5y1mk664cN%this_address_is_for_spam@y ahoo.com>,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

> Des Small > wrote:
>
> []
> > Santa Claus - including the name - is pre-Christian?

> There's a murky history to Santa Claus, and some of the origins are
> attributed to pre-christian myth, much like the rest of Christianity!
>
> I'm not going to cite a reference though!

I saw a slasher movie that held that Santa Claus was originally an evil
elf from Norse myth. Everyone knows that slasher movies are impeccable
sources of information. They are how I got to where I am today. On
Usenet.