Old July 12th 18, 01:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky

Default how does the map get into the radio?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:28:50 -0500,
wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:18:22 -0400, Ralph Mowery
> wrote:
>
>>In article >, NONONOmisc07
says...

>>> I don't need navigation, only occasionally to know where I am.
>>>
>>> If the GPS map on new radios isn't a lot better than what I have, I'd
>>> rather save a couple hundred dollars and get a radio withou it.
>>>

>>Get the radio without it.
>>
>>I don't know about the prices, but some of the new cars with navigation
>>have a USB slot where you download the maps on a computer and then
>>transfer them with a USB drive to the car.
>>
>>As many said, just get a Garman or such with the lifetime updates for
>>free.
>>

>Paper maps are FREE at any DMV. Thats all I need!!!!

I mostly agree with you. That's what ended up working on my Sunday
drive the other day.

Before I drove to Florida, I went to tourism [state name] for
each of the states I was driving through, and they each sent me a map.
I think the search word was tourism. Allow 30 or 45 days.

Plus if you are on an interstate, and it's 9-6 Sunday - Saturday, there
is usually a plaza soon after entering a state where you can stop and
get a state map. Though in a few states, everything is on display
except the map, which you have to ask for.