Old July 11th 18, 03:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky

Default how does the map get into the radio?

In rec.autos.tech, on Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:18:22 -0400, Ralph Mowery
> wrote:

>In article >, NONONOmisc07
says...

>> I don't need navigation, only occasionally to know where I am.
>>
>> If the GPS map on new radios isn't a lot better than what I have, I'd
>> rather save a couple hundred dollars and get a radio withou it.
>>

>Get the radio without it.

That would save money, and I'm more likely to find a radio with real
buttons, which are easier to use when driving.

>I don't know about the prices, but some of the new cars with navigation
>have a USB slot where you download the maps on a computer and then
>transfer them with a USB drive to the car.

Thank you for answering my question!

>As many said, just get a Garman or such with the lifetime updates for
>free.

I don't want another device. I just want a radio, which may or may not
have GPS. In order to judge whether to get GPS, I need to know how much
detail the map will have, but if the map is bad, that just means no GPS,
not that I would buy an additional device to have a better map.

Thanks.