Old July 11th 18, 02:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman

Default how does the map get into the radio?

On 07/10/2018 10:15 PM, micky wrote:
> I don't need navigation, only occasionally to know where I am.

Micky, GPSs can't work miracles.

> If the GPS map on new radios isn't a lot better than what I have, I'd
> rather save a couple hundred dollars and get a radio withou it.

There are a confusing number of models but you can get a Garmin Nuvi for
less than $100 with lifetime map updates. The updates are done with
wifi. The ones with real time traffic updates are more expensive and
may not be useful depending on where you live.

Digital maps have varying quality data. Urban areas are usually more up
to date than rural.