Old January 17th 13, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default Finetuning the FFB

Mario Petrinovic:
Then you correct for Centering Spring.

Oh yes, don't check Centering Spring while doing that, Centering
Spring works unchecked.
Interestingly, Ade Allen, who made Real Feel for rFactor doesn't
know that (or at least didn't know when I spoke with him). Just few days ago
one guy showed me new voodoo that is going on on iRacing's forum. Well, look
at that, now they are using Damper, who would say so. I thought that Damper
is canned.
BTW, the reason iRacing banned me is because I advocated the use of
Damper. Well, look at that, the same people who insisted that I'll be put
away, now they are using Damper.
Also, this was a few pages of voodoo about how to adjust FFB, with
some "advanced" techniques, lol. But still, they didn't mention one of the
most important things, the Centering Spring. They know everything about FFB,
but STILL they are not aware of the fact that Centering Spring works if
unchecked. They wrote few pages of text about adjusting FFB, but not a
single word about Centering Spring. My god. And I wrote about it on iRacing
forum, everybody interested SHOULD know about it, and yet, they are
completly blind about it.
UNBELIEVABLE.