Old February 14th 12, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB progress

Mario Petrinovic:
> Well, the discovery of calibration problem sped things up. Now I am
> having consistant results. I found out that Centering Spring should be as
> a result of multiplication of Overall and Spring/Dapmer (if those two are
> equal). So, for example, these settings are balanced: 125/80/80/100,
> 80/125/125/100, 125/100/100/125, 100/125/125/125. Centering Spring is the
> key of FFB, if you have this right, the rest is easy.
> So, it looks like I am almost done. Only have to decide which one
> is "the right", 105/100/100/105, or 105/105/105/110. The first one feels
> just right, only it is a bit skiddy (maybe because of latency). The second
> one is like safer to drive. I'll see, have to test it on different cars,
> and put it through some tricky situations, and to see which one is faster,
> didn't have time to do that today.
> Ah, life is beautiful, : ).

Hm, suddenly everything works like advertised, at least with Skippy
at Watkins Glen. No need for witchcraft. Put Overall where you like, put
Spring and Damper at 100%, and Centering Spring at 50% (probably).
I only have to see if this works on other cars too.