Old March 21st 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

Default Can rotating the tires extend their life by 20%?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:36:40 -0500, Lanny Chambers >
wrote:

>A briskly-driven Miata wears its rear tires about twice as fast as the
>fronts, especially ultra high-performance tires (which the G-Force
>Sports claim to be, though I have my doubts) . If you aim to replace all
>four as a set, rotation is a must; every 3000 miles should be about
>right if they're really a soft HP tire.

Jusrt be sure you don't have asymmetric tires (i.e., those with a specified
direction of rotation), in which case you should only swap front and rear, and
never move the tires to the opposite side.

-- Larry