Old February 18th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Sal Minidiy

Default update on problems with my 98 cobra

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> Instead of grasping at straws and making unsafe alterations to the
> electrical system..... how about some symptoms when the no start event is
> happening? Do you have spark? Do you have injector pulse? Do you have
> fuel pressure ( I want a PSI number, not "the pump is running")?
>
> Are there any codes? have you performed the KOER self test?
>
> This process will only be painful if we choose to make it that way....
>

> "blk98cobra" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>>I had posted earlier in the month about my 98 cobra running for about 5
>> minutes then quitting. I have replaced the fuel filter, and the idle
>> control valve, and wired my fuel pump straight up to keep running and car
>> still died but the pump still worked. Please help me figure out what this
>> might be I need help. Thanks

Replace all the fuel, I got a load of water once, used a glass jar, pumped
fuel into it, you could see the water at the bottom. You can get it at a gas
station when they are switching or mixing a tank, a tanker is adding more
gas into the tank, stirs up the water at the bottom.

Have a fuel pressure meter? should read about 45

read the codes too.

and get back with us, we need more info to help out.

I had a bad coil, the thing would expand with hot, and the spark would drop
in voltage.