Old January 27th 13, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
BobMCT

Default 2010 PT Cruiser - 3 year review.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:41:26 -0500, Steve Stone >
wrote:

>On 1/24/2013 8:41 PM, Rob wrote:
>> some of your issues sound weather related but if you didn't have these
>> issues with your older cars, then the weather cant explain it all.
>>

>Road salt use in my area causes issues over the long term, however over
>the past 30 years I've never seen salt damage to the body of my autos
>until a car is at least 10 years old (1985 T-Bird), 15 years for 1988
>New Yorker.
>
>I have a 1995 T-Bird, purchased new and a 12 year old 300M with no body
>rust damage from road salt.
>
>The PT Cruiser body failing at 3 years and 25,000 miles is in my mind a
>manufacturing point of failure.
>
>I did not have similar problem with a 3 year old 2006 PT Cruiser.
>
>Steve

Steve,

Agreed. But doesn't the vehicle have some sort of body failure
warranty that was part of the overall chrysler 5/50, 7/70 plan? I
think by the time the 2010's hit the market the PT was already planned
history so perhaps the work detail suffered, After all, the Taluca,
Mex plant was being retooled for other products by then. Might be
work tracking down the regional Chrysler rep and doing a big complaint
job on him. As you have been a loyal Chysler customer for a while he
might give in some and cover the body failure. It you don't ask the
answer is always NO. You might be surprised.

Good luck - and if you do follow up on that please post your results.
Lots of us readers would be interested to know.