Old May 11th 11, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Shift 2 $25 at direct2drive today

(rms) wrote:

> I assume that's today only on this sale:

Whether that's true or not earlier today I had some incredibly intense racing in
Shift2. The handling is never quite "right" but it's good enough that when you're
thrashing round a track with very competitive AI, their lights flashing in your
cockpit & mirrors, it's very hard to stay cool, calm and collected!

As with Shift1, I often find myself frustrated, and I sometimes find myself
inspired. Perhaps they did, indeed, produce a great simulation of the racing
experience (rather than a pure "car meets tarmac" experience).

Andrew McP