Old May 10th 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,misc.transport.road,seattle.politics
Brent Jonas

Default Driver arrested after being clocked at over 135 mph on Highway520 bridge

On May 10, 10:21*am, "Leroy N. Soetoro" >
wrote:
> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...318_drivingarr...
> m.html?prmid=obnetwork
>
> A Bellevue man with a long history of traffic violations was busted in
> Medina early Saturday after troopers spotted him racing his BMW M6 across
> the Highway 520 floating bridge at speeds estimated over 135 miles per
> hour.
>
> Vladislav O. Orlovskii, 24, was arrested on investigation of drunken
> driving and reckless driving. Orlovskii posted bail and was released from
> jail a few hours after his arrest.
>
> According to the State Patrol:
>
> A trooper saw Orlovskii's white sports car eastbound at "an extremely high
> rate of speed" just after 1 a.m. The BMW was weaving in and out of traffic
> and passing other motorists on the bridge, which has a posted speed limit
> of 50 mph.
>
> The trooper attempted to follow Orlovskii but was forced to slow down out
> of concern for his own safety. Another trooper listening to the police
> radio was parked just east of the bridge and was able to stop the car on
> the exit ramp to 84th Avenue Northeast in Medina.
>
> During the traffic stop, Orlovskii gave no explanation for the speed.
> Troopers said his eyes appeared to be "bloodshot" and "watery" and they
> were concerned that Orlovskii was intoxicated, according to booking
> paperwork.
>
> According to the State Patrol, Orlovskii registered a breath-alcohol
> content of 0.081 percent upon arrest.
>
> A time/distance calculation revealed that from the time the first trooper
> spotted Orlovskii's car to the time of the stop, the Bellevue man had
> covered 2.59 miles in exactly 1 minute, 8 seconds; which is an average
> speed of 137 mph, or 201 feet per second.
>
> According to a criminal-records check, Orlovskii was arrested Feb. 8 for
> speeding and inattention to driving. On Monday, Bellevue District Court
> Judge Linda Jacke ordered him to pay a $124 fine for that offense.

Wow. This guy should be thrown into the slammer for a few years, and
not be allowed to ever have a driver's license again. I'd go as far
as to say his driving was a form of attempted murder!

-Brent