Old January 7th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Default "SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

GatorMan wrote:
> Until it happensd to you, you can't really express an opinion.
> When Ford gets around to a recall or a tsb, all you know-it-alls will be
> singing a different tune.
>
> My 2006 Ford GT Mustang with A/T took off all by itself, full throttle,
> wide open. It all happened in about 8 seconds, the car travelled exactly
> 331 feet before it came to a stop (hit the garage.)
>
> I know exactly where my feet were, on the brake (not on the gas, no
> carpet interference, no mats to get entangled). And I'm not a nitwit. I
> built and dragged in my teens, switched to road racing Jaguars in my
> late twenties. I have driven everything with wheels. From Sprites to a
> Euclid. I'm a professional driver, with a "Class A CDL"........
>
> Search out "sudden acceleration" "unintended acceleration"
> "unanticipated acceleration" and start living in the real world.
>
> Ron in Tampa................

You miss the point. If your brakes failed and the
throttle stuck wide open and the steering did not work ALL
at the exact same time, it is still your responsibility to
keep that vehicle under control by shifting to neutral
and/or flipping the key off.

--
“I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth
Breidbart