Old May 30th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM

I have 2005 grand cherokee LTD, with hemi and I seem to get a read out
at
EVIC that comes and goes which is SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM, I
have tried the disconnect battery, did not work. Then the turn the
key
4 times to find a error code, did not work. Then the local dealer
flashed the computer and that did not work. They are know saying that
a module somewhere in a compartment near the back seats has to be
replaces. I am currently in Mexico and just wanted some input as to
whether anyone has resolved this problem, as the error keeps coming
and going. What seems to help is turn the key to ACC for a couple of
seconds before starting. thanks