Old January 16th 04, 08:37 AM
rnf2

"Roger Brown" > wrote in message
> 4000 psi wrote:
> >
> > i did the math according to this link and the pressure comes out to be

about
> > 20 psi for the load that i have ... can i seriously run the pressure

that
> > low?

> You'll likely not come up with one answer or one pressure. I've run 20-22

psi in my 33x10.50 BFGs on the highway and they do OK, no signs of
overheating. But for extended high speed driving, I generally run about 30
psi or higher. Start out with the
> suggested inflation specs for the vehilce, often in an Owner's manual,

sticker on the door jamb or glove box, etc. If that feels too soft,
increase the pressure, if too firm, decrease it. Watch the tread wear and
tread contact patch and come up with
> something that works for you, your driving style, your vehicle and tires.
>
> --
> Roger

offroad on sand and mud you can go down to 8 PSI on Troopers (31x10.5 R15)
for a period.