Old January 15th 04, 05:01 AM
Roger Brown

4000 psi wrote:

> i did the math according to this link and the pressure comes out to be about
> 20 psi for the load that i have ... can i seriously run the pressure that
> low?

You'll likely not come up with one answer or one pressure. I've run 20-22 psi in my 33x10.50 BFGs on the highway and they do OK, no signs of overheating. But for extended high speed driving, I generally run about 30 psi or higher. Start out with the
suggested inflation specs for the vehilce, often in an Owner's manual, sticker on the door jamb or glove box, etc. If that feels too soft, increase the pressure, if too firm, decrease it. Watch the tread wear and tread contact patch and come up with
something that works for you, your driving style, your vehicle and tires.

--
Roger