Old May 7th 14, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Windshield cracked. Need repair advice.

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:59:59 PM UTC-7, Earl wrote:

> > Very sad... Brand new 2013 328i. Car parked in company parking lot, come back to find out medium sized crack on drivers side.

> > BMW says not under warranty. I have proof it was undamaged when parked.

> > Best way to go about this?

> > 1) Go with insurance pay $500 for OEM part. *(~2k)

> > OR

> > 2) Get it done from outside and risk rain sensor not working? (~1k)

> Can it be repaired? I'm not sure what medium sized means but they can
>
> repair windshields in some cases rather that a replacement.

Dealer said too big for repair.

Call your insurance FIRST. Likely they cover the windshield since you have
full coverage. Many insurance carriers will replace the windshield for free
if you have the coverage. Basically, they waive the deductable if you have
the policy that covers the loss.

The insurance company will put in the rain-sensing windshield.

Insurance refused to waive deductible for comprehensive coverage deductible.

Only waivers are for collision with uninsured people.