Old January 20th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

Default 1996 SL INTERMITANT NO START PROBLEM- NEED HELP

Don't know it it applies to you, but it's been above freezing here in metro
NY. Any water that might have gotten into the starter is no longer binding
things up.

afik, the neutral safety switch and/or clutch down switches are both in
series with the switched power from the ignition switch and the starter
solenoid. When you can get to the starter, it is easiest to troubleshoot by
shorting the terminals as I had previously written.
My L300 has the starter so burried that to change it, I had to use a mirror
to see what I was getting into. Not a fun task.