Old April 16th 18, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Using an iPad to follow a YouTube DIY without Internet to replace automotive speakers

This is just one easy way to use Windows, Linux, and iOS together, to
quickly and easily watch a YouTube DIY at a location that has no Internet.

1. On Windows, I downloaded the desired YouTube DIY:
youtubedl https://youtu.be/Ve-kcKxbXx4

2. It's easy to transfer files into VLC over USB on dual-boot Linux:
http://i.cubeupload.com/360Laq.jpg

That's it. Now the video was on iOS playable where there is no Internet.
http://i.cubeupload.com/CuxNtP.jpg

A. I bought the tools at Harbor Freight & the speakers at Fryes:
http://i.cubeupload.com/GtSVFI.jpg

B. I followed the YouTube DIY in VLC, step by step:
http://i.cubeupload.com/IDheqM.jpg

C. I removed the decrepit Toyota OEM 20W $300 Panasonic speakers:
http://i.cubeupload.com/CweFrP.jpg

D. I had to drill holes to fit the 450W Blaupunkt 3-way speakers:
http://i.cubeupload.com/6ugHnx.jpg

E. Everything else but the holes fit perfectly back into place:
http://i.cubeupload.com/rczDpa.jpg

The only catch is that it's amazing that something as common as a 6x9" oval
speaker requires holes to be drilled in the rear deck given that these
things should simply be standard.